Blues.

by Christa on December 7, 2011

in Just Nothing

Hey guys.

Do you ever get discouraged when you read other blogs and it seems like other people have it all figured out? Or when Facebook makes everyone’s life but your own seem so perfect? I was trying to describe it to my friend Pati the other day – and I told her it’s kind of like that Dashboard Confessional song (hey, I liked them in high school!…and college) – the line that says, “I hope you’re as happy as you’re pretending.”

Obviously, a lot of blogs I read are my friends’ – and I really do hope they are happy, of course. But even strangers seem to have all the answers.

I ran the Dallas White Rock Marathon on Sunday and I’m hoping this is just your typical case of post-race blues.

I think it is….because I should be happy, right?! I have a husband and dogs I love, I have a job, I have amazing friends, December is full of parties and family gatherings, and….it feels like something’s missing….I just can’t put my finger on it.

JunieB December 8, 2011 at 7:08 am

Hey girlie! Just remember when reading all that unicorn bubbles and rainbow dreams crap that people put out there that its all a facade! You know as well as I do that the internet is the king of I’m Perfect and you aren’t crapola.

Shoot me an email sometime and inform me of this B7 you speak of. :O)

Happy Holidays!

Christa December 8, 2011 at 7:15 am

Thanks for the pick-me-up :)
I know…it’s garbage. But what do you do? Just pretend your life is perfect too? Or get all judged for telling it like it is? AHWELL.
I’ll email you!
Happy Holidays to you too!

Leah December 8, 2011 at 9:51 am

I’ve been seeing this sentiment around the web alot lately…maybe it’s a bit of the holiday blues as well?

Christa December 8, 2011 at 9:54 am

Hey Leah!
You’re probably right, never thought of that.
Well….the holidays will be over soon enough – and then it’s a brand new year!
Christa

suki December 8, 2011 at 3:51 pm

To put this into perspective, I rarely blog when I’m down and out. Reason is that I’m too busy being down and out. :p

Hang in there! <3

Sasha December 11, 2011 at 11:00 am

Hey, doll! This post totally resonated with me. I, too, find myself feeling “blue” when I peruse other’s blogs and they seem to have it all figured out (Grrrrr). I think JunieB’s comment is spot on….

Kelly L December 13, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Remember, what you’re seeing is only a fraction of peoples’ actual lives. You’re seeing what they want to show you. And very few people are willing to show themselves to be the hot mess that they are.

terra December 14, 2011 at 6:00 am

I feel this all the time when reading other blogs. Or I’ll feel like I’m not doing anything and every other person in the whole wide world is doing amazing things while I’m just living my simple life. You’re amazing though. You do amazing things and are an amazing person.