Ok, yall – here’s the info on the pub crawl on Saturday, March 12th – I NEED TO KNOW BY FRIDAY, MARCH 4th IF YOU’RE COMING. Well, if you want a t-shirt that is. MAJOR SHOUT-OUT TO HOUSTON SCREEN PRINT for giving us discounted shirts in exchange for putting their logo on the back!
I’m running with Team in Training in the San Diego Rock ‘n Roll Marathon to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Instead of blatantly asking friends for money, I thought I’d organize an activity for everyone to join while suppporting the cause.
So here’s the deal: the Purple Shirt Pub Crawl! TNT (Team in Training) is easily recognized by signature purple so what else would we wear?!
We’ll be organized in teams of no fewer than 2 and no more than 4 – if you don’t know other people coming, no problem! I’ll assign you to some other friendly people! From there we will embark on a bar scavenger hunt/game at many Washington Ave bars. I am going to work with the bars to get us drink specials, maybe free pitchers, etc. More news to come!
Prizes will also be given out for various categories, such as Best Team Name (yes, you’ll need a team name!), Most Spirited, Best Boozer (please don’t hurt yourself though). Plus, I know yall’s true weakness – FREE T-SHIRTS. Duh.
Bars we’ll be frequenting (read: storming full-force):
1) Max’s Wine Dive (starting off the evening classy-like – special to be announced soon)
2) Bronx Bar (special to be announced soon)
3) Pearl Bar (special to be announced soon)
4) The Lot (1 free Lot Shot per person and the bar will make a 10% donation of any proceeds made from other drinks we buy)
5) The Dubliner ($3 drafts Miller Lite, $4.50 drafts Harp & Guinness, $4 wells)
6) Wash Ave Drinkery ($10 buckets, $4 drafts, $3 wells, $5 martinis, 20% off food)
7) Buffalo Wild Wings (ending the night with dinner and final specials)
(thanks to Aimee for recommendations!)
Yall stay tuned for the other specials!
How to play: signing up for the Purple Shirt Pub Crawl is easy! Just RSVP to the evite, then go to my TNT fundraising site and make a minimum $25.00 donation to participate (this is all for TNT, after all!) Here’s the link:
Christa’s TNT Fundraising Page
Please forward this evite to anyone you think might like to join! The more people we have the more specials we are likely to get, and the more money raised for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!
Hope yall can join!