Oh man. I am so bored. I am just SO BORED. I know I really just need to shake things up on all fronts. I’ve been making a conscious effort to engage in activities I wouldn’t normally do on my own, be they athletic, artistic, or otherwise. Now, the things I’m about to bring up sound extremely exciting. So then why do I just get this sense of unrest? Maybe I really need a vacation. I’m taking this Friday off to clear my head and get some time to spend however I want…for the most part. I really need to SHAKE THINGS UP. And I’ve gotta think of different ways to do so – that don’t involve cooking a baby in my uterus – I’m bored, I’m not crazy….JUST KIDDING, mama friends (sort of…kind of…oh screw it - you’re nuts, all of you!)…. ;o)
Here’s how exciting my life is right now (except for… OSTENTATIOUS YAWN):
- Blondes vs. Brunettes (BVB) recruiting! Powder Puff football game benefitting the Alzheimer’s Association. Have friends in Dallas who adore it and now I’m so happy I can be a part of it!
- Book club – I have my three suggestions ready to go: Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, The History of Love, and The Glass Castle
- Bella Body – a piyo class with fun gals this Thursday. I hope we immediately follow it up with stuffing our faces.
- Pinot’s Palette – Painting Klimt’s “The Kiss” with Aimee and Leah. Mine is going to look not so much Klimt and way more Jackson Pollock. Whatevsies.
- Team in Training (TNT) - training for the San Diego Rock ‘n Roll Marathon starts this Saturday! I couldn’t be more pumped. Benefitting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Junior League - (I know, I’m a white-gloved housewife; sue me). Several upcoming meetings.
- Bridal Shower – for my gorgeous sis-in-law Aimee on March 19th!
- Warrior Dash on March 20th with SHANE, MA, and Jay. I’m basically going to pound Four Loko, throw on a viking hat, and go at those obstacles hardcore.
And let’s throw in there OH I DON’T KNOW, buying a house, dates, appointments, an interview or two, a trip to Shreveport. I think that take us through the month of March.
So why the long face [on my head]? No se, mis amigos, no se. Maybe I’m just anxious to get into the house (21 days!!!!!!!!!) and get settled down. Maybe things won’t change til I force them to. But how? I feel like I’m doing everything I can to stay busy and not be painfully mundane – routine is awful. I threw out shaving my head, but that got nixed (damn).
How do you keep busy? Is this feeling inevitable?